Thursday, April 11, 2013

Little Bit Of Scooby Can't Hurt

"Scooby-Doo!: Mystery Incorporated" Season 1, Volume 1 was a nostalgic piece of cartoon history for me. I love Scooby-Doo, especially this new version. It brings the old with the new with humor, new twist and the usual mysteries. HEARING AID ON all the way. I have this odd feeling that some horror films are being used as influences, like that green monster in episode one walks just like the army zombie from "Return of the living dead," & the episode with the gators had a character in the beginning that looked like Bruce Campbell in "Evil Dead." Pretty well done.

Yes, another Scooby-Doo: "Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur". Yes, cheeky and fun Scooby snack fun. It is the usual Scooby-Doo-ness, but not only that, it was a movie that made me want to finish watching after I put the boys to bed. Yes, I have a confession, I was gonna watch it regardless if my boys were around. Seeing a bad-ass Shaggy was great & I loved the ending. Will the real Shaggy please stand up. HEARING AID ON.

My nephew told me to watch "Breaking Bad" and so it begins. Season 1 ended awesomely. Episode 6 was the best with the explosion of the Mercury Ful-something, the god of chemistry. I find myself rooting for the criminal, just like I did for Tony in the "Sopranos." HEARING AID ON for the cancer man and his willingness to break the law to make money for his family.

"Christine" what a bummer. After having read the book of the same title by Stephen King, I thought that the book could have been made into an awesome movie. Then I stumbled upon the movie while watching cable at someone's house & was pumped. I put the movie in and I stumbled soberly while bobbing my head sleepily through the film. No character building at all in this film. Just an evil car: boring and boring. HEARING AID OFF. I will say this though, if King wore a hearing aid, he would have watched this movie, took out his hearing aid & smashed it with a sledgehammer and said, "What a bunch of Hollywood shitters!"

No comments:

Post a Comment