Monday, November 25, 2013

The Heat Needs No King

“The Heat”: There is a deadbeat chubby, short cop that kicks ass, and a pole-up-her-ass agent. We know where the story is gonna go, and know there will be a hunky dory ending. BUT, what is truly amazing about the chubby, short cop is that the deadbeat cop with a good heart is a woman. That is funny and uncommon. I liked that. The humor was raw and realistic, and Bullock played her roll the usual: versatile and pretty dam sweet. She is actually an amazing actress. As of today, she is my favorite actress. I have never had a favorite actress; I’m a guy and like pretty much only action stars, because they make action cool. How ‘bout when chubby cop falls from the fence: ouch that tickled (say it with Elmo voice, then laugh like Elmo because it is funnier that way. Dammit!). Drunken bar scenes are always good times in my book. Ah, yes, the stories people have of me in my drunken days. One time, on my 21st birthday, I got sober outta my mind. Tricked you didn’t eye. Okay, so I got polluted on booze. On the way back from the bar, I started running through traffic to get to the other side, yelling and screaming wildly. On the way back to the dorm or car, can’t remember, we walked into an alley way and there is a huge metal sign being held on huge wooden beams. Does it matter what the sign says? Not really. I get into my three point defensive line stance, pause, burst forward from my stance and drill it with my shoulder. Down goes the sign, and I walk victoriously back to wherever whence I once came from. Ah yes, my AC days. Love it. Love it. Loved ‘em all. What else? The very best scene of the movie is Biff from Back To The Future, as the commander cop; he tells about how he is 43 and his son calls him grandpa. Oh snap, that is damniest funniest line I heard in a long hearing aid while. HEARING AID ON

No comments:

Post a Comment