Monday, August 26, 2013

Three Mimesis

Hey hearing aid on/off fans, thanks for the 2000 mark & sorry for the wait. Made a move from city to country (future blog will be created). I'm going country!

“Mimesis: Night Of The Living Dead”: The previews made me want to watch this movie and I was excited to watch this movie and I was extremely happy I watched this movie. A clever idea using a preexisting movie and a fun watch. The great thing about this film was that the main characters, well at least the majority of them, were smart enough to figure out what was happening and win. Another excellent aspect of this movie that made me give it a HEARING AID ON was that the heroes of the film actually got to walk away alive and good finally won. As we all know, today’s horror flicks are over the top and evil, the type we don’t root and toot for, win and win and win and good never prevails. The evil I am referring to that we cheer for are those slasher icons of the 80s. Majority (about 95%) of modern horror (2000 & beyond) still I hate you.


“The Three Stooges Collection” Volume Five: 1946-1948: Why soitenly I give it a HEARING AID ON. This is the volume where Shemp comes to the little screen and adds his humor, which is pretty funny. The shorts with Curly are not very great ‘cept Three Little Pirates, because Curly is sick in real life and one can see it on the films. The other thing to note is that when Shemp comes on hand, the scripts have great storylines and not one Stooge (like Curly) is the main focal point (there is also less slapstick involved). I also feel that Moe is better than ever wist his one liners and his reasons for hitting the other Stooges: a smack to Larry’s face and Moe answers with, “That was for nothin’.”

No comments:

Post a Comment