Wednesday, March 27, 2013

January Movies Watched

"Trading Places":  an 80s comedy, of which no one can beat that decade of movie making. Classic Eddie Murphy with big smile & loud laugh. Oh let's not forget skinny Dan, looking all rich & preppy: HEARING AID ON. 
"Stir Crazy": the best part was when Wilder & Pryor walk into the jail cell real bad, and that scene alone gets the movie a HEARING AID ON.
"Silver Streak": very slow moving, unexpected story twists & not too shabby all around, especially when Wilder keeps exiting the train and says "Son of a bitch!" each time. HEARING AID ON.
"Ted": thought it was pretty great comedy. Loved the scene when they were fighting in the motel, reminded me of Chucky from "Child's Play". Great movie to suspend's one's disbelief. I almost cried ask Ted was being shredded. I give it a HEARING AID ON.
"Diner": and dammit, nearly all of it was inaudible. Too much dialog for my hearing aid. I expected something greater with a cast like that. I give it a HEARING AID OFF.
"European Vacation": classic Chevy Chase & I give it a HEARING AID ON.
 "Ninja: American Warrior": wow was the plot bizarre w/ disco kung fu, white man in white ninja outfit disappearing and reappearing out of no where, and useless dialog. Even with the topless karate fight, I give it a HEARING AID OFF.
"Blazing Saddles": a HEARING AID ON. Lots of racist comedy for the whole family. Funniest part is the farting scene: too funny. Love it when Wilder would prove he was the fasted gun slinger, too much, too funny, too fast.
"Lake House": beautiful love story, a definite HEARING AID ON. It strengthens my view that love is timeless, which it is. Lovely tears flowed.
"Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days": It just was not as good as the first 2, but I still love the dad and Rodrick reminds me of my older brother frank (a complete jerk for no reason). Or maybe it wasn't good b/c I was too busy looking at my wife in pain with contractions. HEARING AID OFF.
"Clue" I gave it a HEARING AID ON. Classic funny fun fun. Loved the multiple endings, how the cop was stumbly bumbly, and Tim Curry took command.

No comments:

Post a Comment